Success is a difficult decision to make because it is not easy in any sense of the word. The main reason for this is that you must let go of people from your past with whom you can have solid relationships. Here are some reasons why you should let some friends go.
1) The fact that you choose success does not mean that your friends or your family will do it. In general, people have a natural tendency not to want to be left behind, whether they realize it or not. Some close friends will make you feel bad for doing too much. Many of them will suddenly expect you to pay for everything just because you are earning more than them. I know because he used to be one of those people and now I know what he was doing.
2) They see you for what you were and not who you are becoming. Some close friends will see you because of the clumsy and unsuccessful person you used to be. In many ways, I can not blame them. It is really difficult to shake the first impressions. The only friends you want to keep are the ones who support you on the road and realize the new man or woman in your life.
3) Once you are successful, you will have conflicting values. A great change in lifestyle has to happen in order to be successful, whether you like it or not. For example, you can get up every day at 6 am to start the day off hard, but how will you do that if your party friend always encourages you to stay outside until 2 am? My friend is very hard. It's possible? Maybe, but I would not count on that. You can start to improve your character, which is necessary for success, so you will be affected by the lack of this in your friends who are not successful. Be careful who you allow to influence your life and strength of character.
4) Your income will be equal to the sum of your 5 closest friends. You do not believe me. Think about it a second. I remember hearing this and realizing the truth for the first time. Do not get me wrong, I do not want you to give up your friends because they do not earn more than you. But it is something that must be taken into account. If you choose the wrong friends, you can choose your financial destiny.
5) Some friends may start asking you favors suddenly. Can I borrow money, do I need rent? Can you help me pay some debts? I need to pay for school books, can you help me? Be careful with subtle advice such as "ahh man, my income expires in two days". I encourage you to help your friends, but both we and I know the difference between helping a friend and being the right person to provide support.
6) When you start to succeed, you can hide who you are so that your friends do not feel bad. Let me tell you, this is not a way to live. If you do not have friends with whom you can not be yourself, then you have to find a better group of friends. However, if you accept the new success and there is no ill will, keep them in your life.
7) The main factor to succeed is ATTITUDE. You probably have friends who do not support your dreams and have no qualms about telling you. Tell me this How are you going to do it completely? I mean to fully commit to your dreams if you have people who tell you that you can not keep them. It would be difficult to do it. A positive attitude is not as contagious as it is negative and that is why you should be very careful with the things you allow in your mind.
8) They take away your energy because they have no life of their own. They get angry or take it personally when you can not go somewhere with them. Since they do not have their own life, they try to stick to you like a fly on a fly swatter. Here you can include things like: "Oh, you can not hang out, how about I go to your appointments with you?" The worst possible scenario occurs when this person is not only your friend, but your girlfriend / boyfriend.
Check out more articles like this and VIDEO INTERVIEWS at http://thebusinessvisionary.com