I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and a Dell Optical Mouse. Here are the problems whenever I connect the external mouse, which started from yesterday:
- Left button works as right button. Right button works as it is.
- I have to double click to make a single click. This usually works with the right button. Sometimes with the left button.
- As soon as I plug in the mouse, it behaves as if the right button has been pressed down even though I haven’t clicked any of the buttons.
- My touchpad doesn’t work when the mouse is plugged in (it used to work before, although this doesn’t bother me much as long as my USB mouse works).
- Plugged the mouse in all USB ports. Same problems.
Things I have tried:
- Reinstalling inputattach.
- Switching primary order of buttons from left to right in Ubuntu’s Mouse and Touchpad settings
- sudo modprobe -r psmouse and then sudo modprobe psmouse
- xinput –list is able to list my Dell mouse. Ran xinput set-button-map “PixArt Dell MS116 USB Optical Mouse” 3 2 1 & to switch left and right.
The double-click workaround is working now but it’s kinda annoying. I would rather prefer my left and right switched if it means I can get back to single clicks.