visas – Should I mention that I was removed from the UK at age 14?

I was removed at the age of 14, I was dependent and now I am making a student visa application. It asks:

Have I ever been removed or deported or breached UK rules?

Should I say yes? Or should I say no because I was under 18 and it wouldn’t count.

My removal reason was “refusal of asylum” and it was on a different name. Should I disclose everything or just say no and submit it?

visas – Travel from India to Caribbean or South America

A reasonable routing to get from India to Jamaica would be via either Istanbul, Paris, or Amsterdam to Panama City, and thence to Montego Bay or Kingston. Neither Panama, Turkey, the Netherlands, nor France require airport transit visas for Indian citizens.

visas – Stapled old and new passports

I would suggest you separate them.. While stapling them together is “allowed” (the old passport is expired and invalid anyway, and staple marks on the back cover of a new passport are not material damage), there is generally no point to submitting old passports, since records are electronic these days.

The only reason you might need an old passport is if it contains old visas and the country you are going to accepts visas in expired passports, but it doesn’t sound like this is the case. And even if it was, there’s still no need to physically staple them together.

visas – Using different passports in Italy

I am a professional tour director and my work takes me all over the world. I currently live in the United States but I would like to move to Italy. It will take some time for me to get an permanent visa but my work would probably ensure that I am not in Italy for more than 90 days in an 180 day period. It’s a lot to juggle though and would mean turning down jobs in Italy so as not to go over my allotted time. Which would be a shame because I do speak Italian. However, I do have two passports. Would I be able to enter Italy on my US passport, hit the 90 day mark, head to France or Switzerland for the weekend and re-enter using my Canadian passport for another 90 days within that same 180 period?

visas – Regarding sending passport to CVAC from (FEDEX)

I read on one of the websites that prepaid return envelopes from ups or usps are only accepted and other companies(Fedex) are not accepted for returning!!.Since I paid the amount and the labels i got are from FEDEX, how and what shall I do for the next process.I havent sent my documents yet. If VAC does not accept FEDEX envelopes while returning back to me then on what basis should I be sending the documents from FEDEX. Is there any other way for it.

visas – Can these serve as ties to home Country for Canada TRV?

I have this concern.
I was denied visas to canada twice on grounds that i was not going to return based on travel history. I was not married then, and I did not have travel history. I had a good job.

Now things changed I have some upgrades, now i want to try Canada once more.

  • I have since been to 2 Neighbouring Countries here in West Africa, Have the stamps in my international Passport
  • I am Married, Just got married (No child)
  • I have a job here in Nigeria (I work in a financial Institution)
  • I have a small business of Real Estate
  • I have some properties handed over to me by my Father. (Landed Properties, houses etc)

Now I have a Question, Can these serve as a tie or ties to home country? I need advices here

b1 b2 visas – How to check if you can still get admitted to US?

My parents were staying with a B1/B2 visa between last January and June. They had to leave on June 20th. They applied for an extension of stay before June 20th since flights were getting canceled due to COVID and they did not want to overstay. The application went back and forth between USCIS and my parents due to some mistakes in the application. In the meantime, they found a flight back to the home country around August 6th. So they had this application in hand that needs to be corrected and submitted back and at the same time a flight back to home. In the end, they left on August 6th and have not been able to resubmit the application.

The problem is they want to come back to the US however they do not know if their visa is still valid or if they overstayed or everything is okay since they already applied for an extension of stay before June 20th. In sum, how can they check they can still enter the US or their visa is still valid?

Unfortunately, they could not get an answer from the embassy in the home country.

visas – Singapore during Covid: Do I just need an approval letter?

No, I’m afraid that’s not sufficient, since Singapore has suspended all regular Short-Term visit passes, which is the usual “arrive and they let me in” process:

All Short-Term visitors are not allowed to enter Singapore, with the
exception of the following groups of travellers:

  • SafeTravel and Air Travel Pass holders. For more information, visit
    the SafeTravel Website. (This is for Green Lane visitors and doesn’t apply to visitors from Canada.)
  • Visitors with approval letter of entry from the relevant agency in Singapore.

Form 14 is for those increasingly few nationalities who need entry visas to Singapore and can’t apply for one online:

As a Canadian citizen, you do not fall in this group.

If you are visiting family, my recommendation is that you first apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) with their sponsorship, and only after it’s been granted fill out that form to actually enter Singapore. Anecdotally, even if you receive the LTVP, rejection rates for entry permission remain quite high unless you have “extenuating circumstances”. Good luck and keep Travel.SE posted!

visas – Entering the US with advance parole when having job and residence abroad or using ESTA

This weekend I have a flight to the US to attend a wedding. I would like to know what is the best way to enter the US without getting stuck at the airport or getting troubles to reenter the US in the future.

I am on advance parole, meaning that I waiting for an adjustment of status and the green card. I took a job in Norway and moved there two months ago. My intentions are to work and live in Norway, not in the US. I do not have a job or an address in the US anymore. For this reason I do not care so much about getting a green card anymore, so I would not mind too much is my green card application gets denied.

My questions are:

1) When I arrive at immigration, should I try to use my advance parole? If the officer asks about my address in the US (which I do not have anymore) I will have to say that I am living in Norway?

2) Should I forget about the advance parole and enter with a ESTA? Other than possibly losing the green card (which is not a huge problem for me), could I get in trouble (getting stuck at the airport, possibly getting denied to access the US in the future)?

Update: see my answer below

visas – Is Puerto Rico considered As USA for green card holder?

Yes, Puerto Rico is part of the USA for immigration purposes, as is every US territory and possession. You can stay there as long as you wish. In fact, many green card holders live in Puerto Rico and other US territories.

From the USCIS document M-618 (rev. 09/15) Welcome to the United States A Guide for New Immigrants:

The United States now consists of 50 states; the District of Columbia (a special area that is the home of the federal government); the territories of Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands; and the Commonwealths of the Northern Mariana Islands and Puerto Rico.

There are a few other minor outlying possessions (such as some protected Pacific islands) which are also part of the USA but traveling to such places requires special permission. They aren’t mentioned because travel to them is extremely rare, and in most cases no one at all lives there, but as they are part of the USA they still count.

Note that many US territories and possessions have different customs and agriculture/biosecurity rules than the mainland US, but this does not affect your immigration status.

Note also that you should bring your green card and passport if you travel to or from Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands. While this is a purely domestic flight, and it is not strictly required for you to have your passport, if the flight has an emergency it may need to divert to an airport at an island which is not part of the USA. You will need your travel documents if this happens.