I've gone crazy trying to figure this out, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Basically I have this 3440×1440 monitor and I bought that 8-in-1 usb-c hub to try and clean up my setup a bit. This is what I am experiencing.
- With the Uni 8 in 1 hub (tested with power on and off):
- My Macbook has a resolution of 2540×1440. Even with the option to click on system preferences, that's the highest resolution you get, when it should be 3440×1440.
- A second laptop that I have to run Ubuntu works fine with this hub and the same cables. That is, it comes out correctly at 3440×1440
- With apple usb-c adapter
- Both laptops work well. The same HDMI cable used for this adapter and with the usb-c hub.
What I tried:
- Comparing the EDID files on my Macbook with the Apple dongle and the USB-C hub. They were exactly the same
- Reset NVRAM etc.
- When trying EasyRes and SwitchResX4, neither had the proper 3440×1440 resolution.
Does anyone have any ideas for 3440×1440 to work with usb-c hub? If EDID files are exactly the same, shouldn't they work correctly? I would greatly appreciate any help!
Also another tidbit: IIRC worked a few times with the USB-C hub and my Macbook at 3440×1440, but once I plugged it in and my macbook made a loud screeching noise, and I think it may have changed to 2540×1440 after that. However, they could be wrong things