Is there a set name for visualization and interaction based on mobile views like Photoshop, Eclipse, Blender etc.?
- a screen with some global controls
- in which you can distribute a set of views (mostly tiled, no overlap)
- the views are connected, for example, the selection in one determines the content in another
- views show different aspects of a (complex) model (like a development project)
- where the user determines which views are shown
- views can be resized and dragged to their new place
- that allows you to save a certain design (as a "perspective" – Eclipse terminology)
- sometimes views can be combined into a tab bar, so only one of the few is visible at any time
- sometimes views can be split in their own window (possibly on another screen)
Therefore, it is not a term for a single control, but rather a "blueprint" of a complete application.