This question has arisen from this publication:
Lost and backup card
This crisis occurred because I did not make a backup copy of the SD card.
This is how I organize photos today …
- Create a directory based on the year on my external USB drive.
- Create subdirectories as; family, hobbies, boating, etc.
- Copy the photos from the SD card to the appropriate folders. For example, copy all the photos on a ship to z: / photos / 2019 / boating.
- Format the SD card
- Backup the external USB drive to an external USB backup drive for security
- Repeat the process for all my SD cards
This is a laborious process and I had to spend good money to rescue the SD card because I was in a hurry and did not make a backup.
What can I do to facilitate this so I can do it regularly?
In addition, much time is used to post process some of the photos I want to print