Chinese Citizen Apply for French Visa (Passport Talent) in USA with H1B Extension Pending Approval

My H-1B visa expired on Aug 28, 2020, and my employer in the US applied for an extension for H-1B on Aug 13, 2020. Per 240 days rule, I can legally stay in the US and continue to work while my extension is pending for approval with USCIS. I applied for a French visa last week (Passport Talent) as I”m relocating to France for work. I submitted 1) my original I-797 showing my H-1B was valid until Aug 28, 2020, 2) USCIS receipt on Aug 13, 2020 showing they have received my H-1B extension application, 3) USCIS’s explanation on 240 days rule. I received an email today from French Embassy asking me to provide additional documents to prove my legal stay in the US . Any advice on what kind of documents I should provide? Thanks!

customs and immigration – Can a H1B visa with a criminal record dismsissed case travel to the UK?

I have a criminal record dismissed case, wants to go to London and I’m trying to determine if that is actually a possibility.

The did had dismissed case with deferred prosecution with probation of 9 months for petty theft.The case got dismissed in 2017. Now, I have to travel to UK for 10 days for my abroad study from school.

The visitor visa have these following questions:

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?

A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Should I mention in any of this options about my dismissed case? or is it fine to answer no since it was dismissed?

I did mention like this in my application will this be fine?

enter image description here
Thank you

h1b visas – Leaving the US on an H1B, after the latest 2020 suspension. Anything major I should worry about?

I’m currently on my first 3 years of H1B in the US, with the expiration date of Oct 31st in 2020. A month or so ago, my company applied for my H1B extension for another 3 years.

Due to family reasons, I plan on leaving the country in August and stay out until the extension is approved. My company allows me to work 100% remotely during that time so my job is unaffected.

I’m prepared to stay in Europe for however long it takes for the extension to be approved.

Are there any major issues of why I shouldn’t do this? Anything that could effect my return to US in a permanent-ish manner?


india – Indian passport renewal and I-94 extension for H1B visa holder in special situation of COVID-19

Your passport only needs to be valid at the time you apply for Status Extension (your company files I-129 for your H1b status extension, as well as I-539 for your child's H4 status extension). There is no requirement on the validity that your passport must have when applying for the Extension of status, so you must be able to request an extension with your current passport before it expires (since you must apply for it before your status expires in June anyway).

See the USCIS Judge Field Manual, Chapter 30.2 (c) (3) (B) for the validity of the passport for I-539:

An applicant does not need to present a valid passport with their
application since Part 4 of the application contains passport validity
information. The applicant must have a valid passport at the time of
application and is required to maintain validity throughout the
period of your stay in the United States. (See 8 CFR 214.1.)
This does not prevent the adjudicating officer from requiring
presentation of evidence of the validity of the passport, if the officer
you have reason to believe that the alien has falsely claimed that it is

And AFM chapter 30.2 (d) (3) (D) for the validity of the passport for I-129:

A foreigner does not need to present a valid passport with their application,
since Part 4 of the application contains a verification block that requires
applicant to indicate that they have a valid travel document. The alien
must have a valid passport at the time of presentation and must accept
maintain its validity throughout the period of your stay.

Both places (as well as instructions I-539 and I-129) say that you must "agree" to keep a valid passport for the entire period of your stay, so you should still try to renew your passport before it arrives. it expires or as soon as possible, but at least you don't have to wait for it to be done before applying for the Status Extension.

US OPT extension UU. And H1B visa

If I finish a 1 year course in the USA. UU. Offering 1 year of OPT extension. Once the OPT extension is finished, do I have to leave the US? UU. Or if I have found the job and the company I am working with can you help me obtain the H1B visa or is it not a possible route?

Leave work temporarily after the 3-year H1B extension (after 6 years) obtained using approved I-140

My 6 years in H1-B are over. However, I have obtained a 3-year extension of my H1-B since I have I-140 approval. If I leave this job temporarily, can I join again after a few months without going through the lottery? Thank you.

United Kingdom: transit Heathrow from the USA UU. to India with an expired H-1B stamp but a valid Canadian visa stamp

My trip is through British Airways from Chicago -> Heathrow -> India and I travel to India to renew my H-1B visa stamp. I leave the same day that I land in Heathrow from the same terminal and my luggage will be billed to my final destination in India.

I understand that I would normally need a Direct Air Traffic Visa (DATV) to transit Heathrow since my H-1B stamp has expired, but I have a valid Canadian visa.

Is it still possible to travel without a transit visa under the Transit without Visa (TWOV) scheme since I have a valid Canadian visa even though I travel from the United States?

Can I apply for a visa to visit Canada in the USA? UU. When my H-1B has expired but I have a valid I-797?

Battery exchange network

The Stack Exchange network consists of 175 question and answer communities, including Stack Overflow, the largest and most reliable online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge and develop their careers.

Visit Stack Exchange

Reprogramming the appointment of Dropbox H1-B (in India)

I am eligible for Dropbox H1-B in India. However, I will have to reschedule the date I selected on the ustraveldocs website to leave my documents. Is there a way to reschedule my Dropbox appointment? Thanks for your help!

Visas h1b – San Francisco To Hydrabad through Hong Kong with 15 hours of layover, should I submit a pre-arrival registration for a hotel stay in the HKG transit area?

I am an H1b visa holder and work in the USA. UU. Traveling to India through Hong Kong, where there is a 15h stopover. I have seen that there is a pre-arrival record that Indians must pass if they are leaving the HKG transit area. However, I plan to stay at a hotel called "Regal Airport Hotel" that is located within the HKG transit area.

Will I still have to go through the pre-arrival registration? What are my other options? However, I do not plan to leave the transit area.

Thanks for the help!