customs and immigration – Future consequences related to a charge of criminal offence: Drinking and riding bicycle in Germany

I am a non-EU person and a few months earlier, I was accused of a criminal offence of drink and riding a bicycle (the event was only for 2-3 minutes, no one hurt, police caught me immediately). After some days of this charge, I have received a letter stating: if I agree to pay a fine all the legal proceeding against me will be discontinued without any further notification to me. And, there will be neither an entry in the federal central register nor in the registry of fitness to drive. I will be deemed to have no criminal record. I have fulfilled the obligations in a timely fashion.

At present, I am searching for a job and this week I have received a job offer from Finland. So to proceed further, I need to apply for Finish vias. In the vias form, there is a section of criminal history and certain questions were asked, for example,

  1. Have you ever been convicted of an offence and sentenced to punishment?’
  2. Do you consent to the Finnish migration authorities obtaining a criminal record extract or similar report from foreign authorities?

In my case, I could not able to make up my mind. What should I write in the form? Should I mentioned about the incident of drink and riding a bicycle or not (although in the letter it was mentioned that if I pay the fine then there will be no record against me)?

I will be grateful if anyone can give some information on this.


customs and immigration – UK entry clearance recommended – still waiting for visa?

The review team recommended to grant entry clearance at the beginning of last month. It was said that the decision making center would follow-up. But, the decision making center has still not made contact.

This seems to be taking disproportionately long.

How long does it usually take after the review team has recommended granting entry clearance to hear back from the decision making center?

local customs – What are the candles outside in Denmark about?

Hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is a Danish word that is a feeling or mood that comes taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary, every day moments more meaningful, beautiful or special.

Candles are an integral part of hygge, and the Danes love to burn candles all year round. Some people say that the concept of hygge started somewhere, with a source of light in the middle, and people huddling together, to keep warm.

Creating HYGGE with scented candles

“Danes take hygge lighting and design very seriously,” agrees the British Ambassador to Denmark, Vivien Life, who had a crash course in hygge when she took up the role in 2012. “Lights are used to make spaces feel relaxed and warm, and you see a lot of low-slung dining-room table lamps as well out here.”

Hope that solves it.

What day is displayed on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s travel history for each departure?

What day is displayed on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s travel history for each departure and arrival? Is it when the flight actually took off, the flight was scheduled to take off, or when passing the security, etc.?

enter image description here

customs and immigration – Will I be able to reenter the United States from Mexico using CBX if I don’t have my passport card, yet?

Will I be able to reenter the United States from Mexico using CBX if I don’t have my passport card, yet? I have dual citizenship and am leaving to Mexico soon. Will I be able to use other documentation ie id card, social, copy of citizenship, passport receipt? Pls help.

customs and immigration – Can I still travel to HK with a 5 year travel ban from China?

If it was me, I would contact HK Immigration directly and get a response from them, at a minimum in email. If they say you are good to go, then if you run into issues upon your entry, you can at least reference that email (or whatever documentation they provided). If you do get a response, get the immigration officer’s name (or at least try, many times they do not want to provide their ID). Or have someone you know that is in HK go down to immigration and speak to them directly about your situation.

customs and immigration – Can I bring computer parts to Australia?

If you are 18 or older, Australia allows you to bring AUD900 of “general goods”, which includes electronics, without paying duty.

If you exceed AUD900 in goods, you are liable to pay duty and tax on all of the goods you’re bringing in, not just the excess, so make sure not to exceed it (so for example, if you buy your PC parts for AUD850, don’t also buy some jewellery for AUD100, since you’ll then be taxed on all AUD950 of your goods).

Under the duty free limit, you do not need to declare your goods, but you should make sure to hold on to your receipts, in case you are inspected at customs.

customs and immigration – Which line at British airports serves British National (Overseas) passport holders?

Jul 22 2020. Britain unveils details of citizenship offer for Hongkongers with BN(O) passports | South China Morning Post

“At the same time, it is not an unconditional offer,” Patel said, as BN(O) holders will need to be self-sufficient in the first five to seven years before they obtain British citizenship, with no access to social security.

Brexit will probably change the lines, but currently most British airports have two. Which line’s for BN(O) holders?

enter image description here

customs and immigration – Travelling within and outside of Schengen with Italian Ricevuta + biometric passport (visa free)

No, the receipt is not a valid travel document. You must wait for a new plastic anti-counterfeit residence permit card to travel to other countries, or use the rest of the 90 Schengen days. In the latter case, make sure you have an entry stamp on your passport.

The receipt can be used only to enter Italy from Ukraine, not to travel to other Schengen countries.

I said about the entry stamp because you won’t get a stamp by entering Italy with the residence permit, but the gate agent at the airport will thoroughly check your passport for stamps.

customs and immigration – Can we avoid paying import duty for a work laptop temporarily shipped to India via DHL?

My girlfriend is an Indian national who has been living in the UK for more than 10 years and now has Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. Just recently, her mom in India became ill and she travelled to India to be with her. On departure at Heathrow, she left her work laptop behind accidentally in a tray at security. The laptop has been found, and she arranged shipment to herself in India via DHL. The laptop has arrived in Delhi, but DHL now want ₹38,000 INR / £400 GBP for import duty before releasing it. Is this a legitimate charge?

My girlfriend is staying with her mom until she gets better (recovering from a heart attack and having a pacemaker fitted) so we don’t know how long that will take, but she will be coming back to the UK at some point to work (she works for a well-known UK University, who the laptop belongs to) and to be at her home and life. The laptop belongs to her work – she needs it to continue her work while she is away, but it will come back to the UK with her.

So, in summary, she has had her work laptop shipped out to herself whilst on a personal errand to India, after losing it at the airport, but will bring it back when she returns to UK, DHL want import duty, and we’re not sure it’s applicable in this case, as it is not being imported permanently and doesn’t actually belong to her.