Dear Photography Community,
I realize that some SE sites do not allow specific product recommendations, and that's fine.
I worry that after my unsuccessful search, I may be missing some appropriate keywords, or even entire segments of the industry. I definitely have more to learn.
With that said:
I am part of a small company that needs to acquire digital color images in these conditions:
- Color images, 1.5 to N megapixels (where N <10-ish). Our current solution is 1.5 MP.
- Camera distance to subject of ~ 6-12 inches (150 – 300 mm).
- Minimal image / border distortion. You can trim in post …
- Field of vision as a few inches horizontally and vertically expected.
- Configurable focus distance of remote input (perhaps through the communication interface). Autofocus has been problematic for us because the subject may not have features.
- Ethernet interface, with an open protocol / API for use with our software (the operating system happens to Linux).
- Integral lighting (preferably), natural light color temperature.
- Small, rigidly mounted, form factor. Like 2 "x2" x6 "or similar.
- Low image acquisition rate: we would need only 1 image every 5 seconds or so.
We make no you need many of the functions of & # 39; smart camera & # 39; They find many offers of industrial cameras, such as:
Piece counting, recognition, measurement, learning, annotation, web connectivity, external servers …
Many times these & # 39; features & # 39; They make the camera (and the expensive software required that comes with it) less accessible to us.
Our goal is to be able to acquire a pleasant image, relatively flat / without distortions, in true color of a thing that is a few inches (variable) away.
I would be delighted with
specific solutions, search suggestions, general guidelines and indicators.