Please let me know if I’m in the right place.
I WFH with my partner.
Our home set up.
- 1 Gb Fibre, wired, but also 2 x wifi connections to the Asus Router (2.4 and 5)
- We’ve just rebooted the router to factory settings
- 1 Phone hotspot for emergencies.
- Me: desktop Linux, Desktop Windows, Laptop Windows
- Her: Desktop Windows, Laptop Windows, Laptop Mac
- Me: adobe creative Cloud (ACC) basic account (I created free account to test this issue)
- Her: professional account with several adobe products installed on various machines.
Our Main issue:
- She cannot access the web site (https://assets.adobe.com) and therefor sync correctly from app to cloud (a service that she’s paying for).
Here are some more facts:
- On my machines, I can connect to ACC both on my account and hers. and all seems to work.
- On her machines the connection is refused and we get a ‘check network settings’ screen in the browser.
- She has done a factory reset on both her laptop and desktops, only installed ACC and cannot access.
- we’ve confirmed with out ISP there there’s no issue with that URL on their service.
- She has no anti virus or firewall software installed.
- On the Hotspot, she CAN connect to ACC.
- We’ve confirmed that her hosts file has NO adobe references (it’s a clean machine)
So, why do her machines not allow her to access the URL?
The only time it doesn’t work is on her machines (signed in on any account) on the home network.
I’ve done nothing fancy to my machines, nor she.
Adobe have said that as it’s working on the hotspot, it’s out of their hands (and I can understand why they’d say that).
Where do I need to post this question to get the best help, or does anyone have experience in this?