Skills / Experience Required:
– Must be able to read and write English fluently.
– Excellent knowledge of the Linux command line and the LAMP stack in general.
– Experience in the administration of Xen, cPanel, VPS and dedicated servers.
– Previous experience in the provision of Level 2-3 Support.
– Expert knowledge of cPanel / WHM.
– Good knowledge of the team / construction of servers.
– Good knowledge of Windows Server technologies.
– Good memory and ability to adapt to evolving technologies and work environment.
– Ability to perform multiple tasks with critical attention to detail.
Recommend skills / experience:
– The OnApp experience is an advantage but it is not mandatory.
– Experience with remote backup systems such as R1Soft is an advantage, but it is not mandatory.
– The experience in grouping servers and load balancing is an advantage, but it is not necessary.
– Experience with coding such as HTML, PHP, etc. It is an advantage, but it is not mandatory.
– The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in server administration, including cPanel and virtualization technologies such as Xen.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Respond to customer support tickets within 20 minutes (or less) from the moment the ticket was created. This is not difficult, but to achieve it means you will not be wandering while you are at work.
– Manage the performance and stability of the server fleet.
– Perform the optimization of the operating system template.
– Monitor and respond to server health concerns.
– Provision and configure servers.
– Stay active in the discussion threads of the company to keep abreast of current information.
Requirements of the home office:
– You must have a static IP (s) within 90 days of being hired.
– You must have 2 internet connections (main and backup) within 90 days of being hired.
– You must have backup battery or UPS within 90 days of being hired.
– You must have at least 2 computers (desktop computer + laptop or netbook is preferred) for backup purposes.
This is a telecommuting position, you are free to work from home.
*** They will not be considered as outsourcing or personnel companies. ***
– Holidays paid after the first year.
– Annual bonus after the first year.
– Friendly environment
– Work from home
– Bonus opportunities based on performance.
– The corporate environment allows growth.
– Stable company (We have existed since 2002)
Depending on the qualifications and experience.
If this seems like an adjustment for you, please send your expected or current salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of your email should be written exactly as "Working with GlowHost"(no appointments are required.) All submissions that lack these prerequisites will be excluded.