It is always important to keep your Microsoft-related documents password protected, as it may contain valuable information or your official data that may be hacked for misuse. So, to keep your data safe and secure, you need to build a defensive fortress against those who try to violate your data.
Whether you have a Mac or Windows operating system, it is important to keep your documents safe.
In simpler terms, you need a password to protect your documents as it protects the applications on your smartphone. Here, in this article, you will learn how you can block random access to your Microsoft office on both Windows and Mac OS.
It is equally important to understand that documents cannot be password protected from OneDrive. Then, without further delay, let's start with the process to keep your documents protected.
How to protect Microsoft Docs on Windows with a password?
There are certain steps that must be followed to keep your documents safe and password protected. These steps are as follows:
1. In the first step, you must click and open the Microsoft Word document.
2. Now, you must click on the option that is labeled "File."
3. After this, you must click on the "Information" tab.
4. If nothing appears on the screen, then you must specifically click on the "Information" tab.
5. Once this step is completed, you must click on the "Protect document" option.
6. Now, you just need to click on the "Encrypt with password" option to continue.
7. After this, you must enter the password you want to keep.
8. Once you have entered the password, just click on the "Accept" option.
9. At the end, you must re-enter the password and then click on the "Accept" button to confirm.
Note: – You do not need to enter the password when deleting a Microsoft document.
How to protect Microsoft Docs on Mac with a password?
To secure your Microsoft documents with a password lock, just follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Double-click the Microsoft Word document from your desktop.
2. Just click on the "Review" option.
3. After this option, you must click on the option that is labeled "Protect Document" on your screen.
4. Now you must enter the password you want to keep to block documents.
5. Click on the "Accept" option.
6. You must re-enter the password and then click on the "Accept" option.
7. Congratulations! Your Microsoft document is now password protected.
With Microsoft, you get the privilege of protecting your documents with passwords. This has helped many users keep their respective data protected and inaccessible. Hopefully, the steps discussed in the article have helped users build a protective shield for their Microsoft documents. If there is any confusion related to the steps discussed above, it is suggested to visit the Microsoft Office support page and publish your related queries.
Steve Smith, a creative person who puts his skills in technical writing making everything easier for readers to understand the complexity of any technology-related problem like Office.com/Setup. Many popular electronic magazines have published their articles. He has also been writing to inquiries from people related to technology.