i,m trying to sync a ceph cluster to a scaleway s3 bucket
i have the secret, access token and https endpoint for my s3 bucket
ceph version: mimic
i followed the cloud sync module guide at the following link below:
what am i trying to achieve?
sync one of my ceph buckets to the s3 bucket
here is what i know so far:
- the sync modules are based on multi-site which my cluster does already (i have 2 zones my zone group)
- i should add another zone of type cloud with my s3 bucket endpoints
- i should configure which bucket i want to sync with credentials necessary for it.
however there are a couple of things i,m unclear about and i tried to find them in the ceph documents but couldn’t :
- the non trivial configuration represents a config file? if so where should i add it?
- the non trivial configuration has a default section, connections, acl_profiles and a profiles section. some of these information i don’t know how to fill or even obtain, which are:
1: the acls sub section in the default section
2: the host_style parameter
3: acl_profiles and profiles sections
if one could provide a more descriptive explanation than the docs of what these are i would be thankful
also if you have any references on where i could read up on these as well,
please comment so i can put in the time myself
my main problem is that i can’t find any information on these to begin with and the documents are not very descriptive or have any useful examples