I really want to homebrew so that my Lurker of the Deep Warlock can summon multiple tentacles instead of just the one, I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask questions but please advise. My thought process is to make the tentacles act similarly to the cleric’s Spirit Guardians:
Grasp of the Deep At 1st level, you gain the ability to magically summon a spectral tentacle that strikes at your foes. As a bonus
action, you create a 10-foot-long tentacle at a point you can see
within 60 feet of you. The tentacle lasts for 1 minute or until you
use this feature to create another tentacle. When you create the
tentacle, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within
10 feet of it. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 cold or lightning damage
(your choice when it takes the damage) and its speed is reduced by 10
feet until the start of your next turn. When you reach 10th level in
this class, the damage dealt by the tentacle increases to 2d8. As a
bonus action on your turn, you can move the tentacle up to 30 feet and
repeat the attack. You can summon the tentacle a number of times equal
to your Charisma modifier (minimum of once), and you regain all
expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (15-foot-radius)
Components: V, S, M (a holy symbol)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
You call forth spirits to protect you.
They flit around you to a distance of 15 feet for the duration. If you
are good or neutral, their spectral form appears angelic or fey (your
choice). If you are evil, they appear fiendish. When you cast this
spell, you can designate any number of creatures you can see to be
unaffected by it. An affected creature’s speed is halved in the area,
and when the creature enters the area for the first time on a turn or
starts its turn there, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed
save, the creature takes 3d8 radiant damage (if you are good or
neutral) or 3d8 necrotic damage (if you are evil). On a successful
save, the creature takes half as much damage. At Higher Levels. When
you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the
damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 3rd.
So I am thinking:
- summon 1 tentacle per turn as a Bonus Action,
- each tentacle last 1 minute
- Bonus Action to move 1 tentacle per turn up to 30 feet
- summon number of tentacles equal to your Charisma Modifier per Long Rest
- removing the damage increase at level 10 so that it stays at 1d8 damage
- Changing the Tentacle Attack Range from 10 feet to 5 feet
- Changing damage type to Bludgeoning damage from Cold/Lightning damage
- Tentacle attacks count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
- Tentacles still subject to Bludgeoning resistance from enemies e.g. Barbarian Rage
- when an enemy creature ends their turn in the 5 feet range of a tentacle each tentacle within range gets to roll a Melee Spell Attack against their Dexterity saving throw on a failed save taking 1d8 bludgeoning damage and on a successful save taking no damage.
- as an Action on the warlock’s turn all the tentacles can attack each rolling individual melee spell attack rolls
Please any comments?