Concept of character
For a new campaign I had the idea of playing a John Wick-style construction that maximizes the effectiveness of hand crossbows with double grip. I want him to be a former mafia agent who escapes the law.
I want to optimize this character for Get the maximum number of crossbow attacks per turn. I have the following restrictions:
- Use the standard matrix for the generation of statistics
- Optimize for a character that ends at level 10
- Make sure that my character is useful both in close combat and in the middle.
- Have the necessary mobility to avoid fighting big enemies from head to toe.
- The characteristics and multiclassification are fine.
- The content of any published WotC book (excluding UA) is allowed
- I can not assume access to any magical object.
What race, class levels and feats should I take to optimize this construction? Also, in what order should I take the levels and skills of level 1?
My hope is that my turn can replace an AOE spell by killing / almost killing several small enemies that are grouped together.