I’ve been trying to format this 32GB Samsung SD card, but to no avail. I don’t care about recovering any data, I’d just like to use this SD again.
What I tried:
- format the SD through File Explorer – Windows was unable to complete the formatting
- create new simple volume through Windows Disk Management – throws Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)
- clean using diskpart – encounters error (cyclic redundancy check), points to System Event Log for more info
- Event Viewer – The Device, DeviceHarddisk2DR5, has a bad block.
- CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives
I believe it is a hardware fault, but I would still appreciate any ideas or advice you might have.