– Did you work there for a year and was on FMLA?
– Or did you exceed your FMLA free time?
If you did not qualify for FMLA or you used up your free time, they let you go because you could not do your job.
– It does not matter if your co-workers are upset about that, but Walmart complies with federal law.
If you worked for one year and did not complete the paperwork for work protection, work with your human resources department to see if you can do it now.
– If you were a good associate, then it is very likely that Walmart will rehire you when you can return to work.
If they let you go for a reason other than your medical condition, then it has nothing to do with your medical condition.
Regarding your health insurance.
– As long as 60 days have passed since you lost health coverage, you can buy insurance through the special enrollment period at this time.
– You can request your medicaid.
To reduce the cost of medications:
– Ask your doctor for samples.
– Request discounts from RX companies.
– Ask your doctor to try the generic version to reduce costs.
With respect to the application of disability:
– Are you able to work? Then you will not qualify for disability
– If you can not work and you are expected to be unable to work for at least 12 months, apply for SSDI.