Can a South Korean citizen visiting Canada travel to the United States?

My friend from South Korea is visiting me in Canada (she is not a Canadian citizen). Is it possible for her to get an ESTA (Electronic Travel Authorization System) while in Canada and then visit the United States with me when crossing the border?